Each individual with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is unique – an ever changing person with talents, dreams, and challenges. At the Family Wellness Center, we understand the joys and frustrations that families can experience as they navigate the world to support a person with ASD. That is why we provide individualized ASD services, treatments and therapy groups based on expert understanding that are flexible to the unique needs of each family. From initial diagnosis through all stages of therapeutic treatment, to adult independence, the Family Wellness Center can provide the proper resources and services for a family to understand and navigate through their child’s diagnosis.
Our qualified therapists are trained in (1) understanding family dynamics involved in raising and living with a family member who has autism, (2) engaging children, youth, and adults who are on the spectrum, (3) understanding treatment solutions that can be offered to people of all ages on the spectrum, and (4) trauma-informed care. Our therapists also train providers in working with individuals on the spectrum and with other mental health conditions.
Our combination of family based interventions, skill development, school-based consultation, psychiatry and assessment services truly provides individuals and their families with solutions.
Our comprehensive services are accessible to all ages, children and adults:
- Psychological assessments and personalized Family Action Plans.
- Evidence-based therapies, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), and psychotherapy focused on behavior, social and life skills development.
- Parent and group therapy, including adults with Asperger’s-like thinking therapy group.
- ABA-based recreation groups and activities.
- Age-specific social skills groups for children ages 4-18.
- Access to on-site autism resource library and community resources.
- Partnership with Cajon Valley Unified School District for on-site behavioral support in the classroom.
- Services provided in the home, school, community or on-site at the Family Wellness Center.
We provide ongoing recreation, therapy and support groups for children, teens and adults! Please click this link for more information and our current schedule.
Our Autism experts provide school consultation, staff training, and direct classroom intervention. The Family Wellness Center is an approved Nonpublic Agency with the California Department of Education and an approved qualified special education service provider by the California Charter Schools Association. Our staff can provide school-wide training or develop individual services from Functional Assessments to active classroom coaching and 1:1 student support.
For information about how our autism specialists can connect with your school or district, please contact Dr. Courtney Olinger at (858) 634-8300 or email@example.com.