“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
Are you looking for a way to combine efforts with others in order to make the most impact in the lives of others?
Do you want to host a fundraising event, donation drive or ignite your social circle with the passion to make a difference?
Check out ways you can get started today!
1) 3rd Party Events & Campaigns
Do you have a great idea for an Event to raise funds for a local non-profit helping at-risk and foster children?
Are you wanting to organize a Donation Drive at your organization or in your neighborhood?
We want to partner with you! A few things to think about as you begin planning…
Will you be raising money to benefit the Center?
- If you’re expecting expenses, are you covering those costs? Or will proceeds from the event help cover costs?
- Will donations be a part of a ticket price for an event?
- Are proceeds generated from a service/product you or a business is selling?
- Will your guests and donors be expecting a receipt from the Center?
- Do you have a way of promoting your event to a potential target audience?
Based off these answers, we can guide you through next steps!
Will you be collecting items “in-kind” (non-monetary)?
- Have you checked out our Wish List? These are items that would definitely benefit the children in our programs!
- Will donors be expecting a receipt and Thank You letter from the Center?
Many donation drives are delivered by the coordinator of the drive and donors do not need a receipt. However, in other cases, some would prefer to have one.
It’s good to know so we can provide you with our Donation Form for donors to fill out individually.
How Do I Start?
- Please review our Community Fundraising Guidelines & Policies
- Submit our Community Fundraising Application at least 30 days prior to the event/beginning of the activity.
- Take a look at our Community Fundraising FAQ’s for answers to some Frequently Asked Questions!
Ideas for Fundraising Activities:
- Bake sale
- Car wash
- Birthday or other celebrations
- Holiday events
Things To Consider:
- Who will be invited?
- What’s the budget and what is my end goal for the Center?
- How is money being raised?
- If an event, where will it be held and are there any permits or licenses needed?
- Will you need help organizing the event or day-of volunteers?
- How will you get the word out and promote the event/activity?
For questions and to submit an Application, please contact:
2) Social Fundraising
Do you want engage your circle of friends and family in your philanthropic passions? With an online fundraising page, you can start your own “crowd-raising” campaign to support the children at the Center!
There are many ways you can turn celebratory events into online, cause-supporting opportunities:
- Birthday Party
- New Year’s Resolution
- Bar or Bat Mitzvah
- “Just Because” – a benefit to the San Diego Center for Children
We can help you do that!
To get started, please contact:
Senior Development Manager