Children in our care thrive in their therapeutic treatment by having regular, consistent support from caring individuals. We have opportunities for volunteers to work directly with children and teens in our care on a regular basis. Opportunities can be once a month or more, and range from leading a group, assisting in the classroom, serving as an art instructor and more.
- Details: Under the supervision of SDCC staff, volunteer would work with children (7-18 years of age) to teach them how to play an instrument such as, Drums/Djembe, Ukulele, Recorder, Guitar, Piano, or teaching vocal lessons.
- Date: Starting as soon as possible. Need to be able to commit to at least 3 months.
- Time: Monday through Friday, 4:00pm – 7:00pm (Open availability between these days and time frame)
- Location: San Diego Center for Children, 3002 Armstrong Street, Linda Vista, CA 92111
- Requirements: Age 21+, enrollment into the SDCC Volunteer Program, TB test and LiveScan background check, requires moderate physical activity (e.g. lifting, standing, bending).
- Experience/Skills: Previous experience in working with children required. Minimum of intermediate proficiency with a specific instrument. Experience teaching people how to play an instrument.
Age requirements for all volunteers: at least 21 for Residential and Foster Care Programs; at least 18* for all other direct service programs and departments (*exceptions can be made with adult supervision).
If you are interested in applying for any of the volunteer opportunities listed above, please email your resume and cover letter to Warren Johnson, Special Events & Volunteer Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please keep in mind that you will be asked to complete a volunteer application, background check, TB test, and Criminal Record Statement.