Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) is an evidenced based program that gives caregivers the positive parenting skills to manage their child's emotional and behavioral difficulties through positive attention alone using real-time coaching.
Caregivers will learn to help their child
- Feel less angry
- Improve attention and focus
- Learn to cooperate
- Strengthen the already warm relationship with their child
- Obey directions the first time
- Reduce aggressive or destructive behaviors
Who is PCIT for?
Children ages 2-7 who:
- Refuse or defy adult requests
- Lose temper easily
- Start fights or hurt others
- Have short attention spans
- Have difficulty sitting still or waiting their turn
Services are provided in partnership with the County of San Diego. Please call our office at (858) 668-6200 for information on accepted insurance providers and rates per session.
Contact our Family Wellness Center
For more information about our Parent Child Interaction Therapy, please contact:
San Diego Center for Children
Family Wellness Center
6386 Alvarado Court, Suite 310
San Diego, CA 92120