Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the San Diego Center for Children!
We have many different volunteer opportunities to suit various skills and experience. We are always looking for enthusiastic, energetic, compassionate, qualified and committed individuals of all backgrounds to be a part of our Volunteer Program. Our goal is to help both individuals and organizations find volunteer opportunities that fit their interests, while also helping to make a positive impact in the lives of the children and families we serve.
Level 1 Volunteer
- Definition: Not working directly with youth, or minimal youth engagement that occurs less than once a month
- Examples: Special Events, Committee Participation, Landscaping, Guest Chef, JoyMaker Projects, etc.
- Requirements: Volunteer Policies & Procedure Agreement
Level 2 Volunteer
- Definition: Working directly with youth on regular basis (once a month or more)
- Examples: Leads a Group, Teacher’s Assistant, Art Instructor
- Requirements: Volunteer Application, TB Test, LiveScan Test, Criminal Record Statement, References
Age requirements for all volunteers: at least 21 for Residential and Foster Care Programs; at least 18* for all other direct service programs and departments (*exceptions can me made with adult supervision).
Sign-up to receive alerts of all new volunteer opportunities at the San Diego Center for Children.
Special Events and Volunteer Manager