A wraparound program helping students and families build positive support systems
The Intensive Family Program (IFS) is a wraparound program helping students and families build positive support systems. Now offering a virtual option. The Intensive Family Program (IFS) uses a comprehensive and proven behavioral health model for students and families in San Diego County who need intensive therapeutic services. Our culturally and trauma-informed experts help students stay safe in their home and school, and improve family well-being.
Individualized & Family Services
- Conveniently provided in a youth’s home, school and community. Virtual option available currently.
- Case management, skills training, family therapy, and crisis intervention
- Highly customized planning process
- Goal setting for the entire family
- Focus on social emotional IEP goals
- We respect and honor all family compositions
Team of Experts
- Intensive Family Therapist, Parent and Youth Coaches
- Implement evidence-based therapies tailored to the family’s needs
- Build on the individual strengths of a child and their family
- Maintain regular communication with a child’s school and treatment team
- Dedicated liaison for school districts
- Children and teens, ages 4-17
- Complex family needs that affects school performance
- Referrals are accepted from school districts, selected private insurances and self-pay
“We have not come across anything like the San Diego Center for Children while we have been accessing mental health services for our daughter in three states. All of us will be forever grateful for the time and attention their IFS Program gave to our family to get us to where we are now.”
- Emma R., Parent
Contact our Intensive Family Services
Our friendly and caring staff are here to answer any questions and assist you getting the best support for your child and family.